The AFM sent out the Marketmonitor 2018 in the first quarter of 2018. Among other things, the responses received show that several institutions have not formulated a current description of their administrative organisation and system of internal control (AO/IC). A number of institutions have also not organised their professional competence.
The Marketmonitor is a digital questionnaire for banks, credit unions, credit providers, insurance companies and intermediaries.
The findings of the Marketmonitor 2018 are known:
- several institutions have not formulated a current description of their administrative organisation and system of internal control (AO/IC)
- several institutions have not organised their professional competence
- several institutions do not have professional liability insurance (Beroepsaansprakelijkheidsverzekering, or ‘BAV’)
- the number of persons working full time at financial institutions declined by approximately 7 per cent in 2017
- several institutions stated that they offer insurance when this is not the case.
The AFM wishes to draw attention to the importance of completing the Marketmonitor correctly. The AFM uses the information provided to improve its understanding of the market so that it can focus its supervision more closely on risks and trends in the market or developments at individual enterprises in the Caribbean Netherlands.
Notable findings will be communicated to the institutions in question in the coming period. The AFM will distribute the Marketmonitor again in 2019.
For questions regarding the Marketmonitor please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AFM is committed to promoting fair and transparent financial markets.
As an independent market conduct authority, we contribute to a sustainable financial system and prosperity in the Netherlands.