The AFM exercises Wwft BES supervision on service providers offering the following services:
- intermediation in the conclusion of life insurance policies against a premium as referred to in the BES Islands Financial Markets Act (Wet financiële markten BES, or ‘Wfm BES’)
- operating as an investment company as defined in the Wfm BES
- providing an investment service, defined as:
1. receiving and forwarding client orders with regard to financial instruments;
2. executing orders with regard to financial instruments for the account of those clients;
3. managing an individual capital.
In addition to the AFM guideline, some elements of the Wwft BES are explained further below.