Step 2: If the matter remains unresolved, turn to the Kifid

You are not satisfied with the answer from the financial undertaking? Or the undertaking fails to respond? Then write a letter to the Financial Services Complaints Tribunal (Kifid). Also simultaneously send a copy of your letter to the AFM reporting line: step 4.

The Kifid is currently the only disputes agency recognised by the Minister of Finance. Some undertakings are not required to be affiliated with the Kifid. These concern exceptions. Do you wish to learn whether a financial undertaking is affiliated with the Kifid? Then visit their website.

Kifid address

Klachteninstituut Financiële Dienstverlening (Kifid)
Postbus 93257
Telephone: 070-333 8 999

The Kifid consists of the Financial Services Ombudsman and the Financial Services Disputes Committee. The Financial Services Ombudsman will first try to mediate between the affiliated financial undertaking and the consumer. Mediation is free of charge.

Are you not satisfied with the judgment of the Ombudsman? Then you can apply to the Financial Services Disputes Committee. This will cost you €50. This Disputes Committee does not mediate, but renders a decision on the dispute.

Share information

Share on: Share this
Other topics

1: Write a complaint letter

2: Go to the Kifid

3: Go to court

4: Notify AFM Information Line