Step 3: Bringing the complaint before the court

If the Financial Services Complaints Tribunal (Kifid) cannot handle your complaint, you may consider applying to the courts. If you go to court, you will subsequently not be able to apply to the Kifid.

Subsidised legal assistance

Do you have a low income or few personal assets? Then you may qualify for subsidised legal assistance. The government will then pay part of the legal costs and you will pay an personal contribution. For more information on legal proceedings or subsidised legal assistance you can contact a lawyer or a Legal Desk. This is an independent organisation with offices throughout the Netherlands.

Consumer law within the European Union

Information on consumer law in a different country within the European Union, Norway or Iceland can be obtained from the European Consumer Centre (ECC). The ECC can also help you with complaints about undertakings in other European countries, Norway or Iceland.

Contact information

Share information

Share on: Share this
Other topics

1: Write a complaint letter

2: Go to the Kifid

3: Go to court

4: Notify AFM Information Line