Rules on market abuse
To ensure the confidence of consumers, investors and companies in the financial markets, it is important that all parties active in these markets conduct their business in an ethical manner.
For this reason the government has drawn up several rules that pertain to market abuse.
- Market manipulation is prohibited.
- Price-sensitive information must be accurate, immediately accessible to everyone and publicly available.
- Insider trading is prohibited.
- Investment firms are obliged to report suspicious transactions.
- Analysts, journalists and publicists are required to comply with the rules on investment recommendations.